Hatch Trashion Show 2014
When and where is the show?
Hatch Trashion Show 2014 will take place on Friday, March 7, 2014, from 6pm – 9pm, at Lincoln Square Mall, 201 Lincoln Square, Urbana, IL 61801.
It’s a Facebook Event! Copy and share with your friends on your page to help get the word out!
Have you ever even heard of a Trash-fashion Show? Check out these links to see other community shows!
Do you want to register to show off your creation?
Read on to learn about how to have your original design be in a live runway show!
There will be 3 Divisions and 3 Age Categories.
- Altered Clothing: Garments that are made from existing clothing that the designer alters or modifies to create a new look.
- Unconventional Materials: Garments that are made primarily from materials that are not seen in the clothing industry.
- Open: Available to just those under 11 years of age – no restrictions, most likely a combination of the other two divisions.
All applicants must strive to use as much re-purposed material as possible on their garments. Please be able to identify the sources for your materials. Garments must NOT be revealing. The Trashion Show Committee reserves the right to deny any outfit or design from being highlighted in the show.
- 10 and Under
- 11 – 17
- 18 and older
You will need to decide if you want to be included in the judging contest. Judging will determine winners in each division and age category.
NOTE: There is no OPEN Category for registrants who are in the 11 and above age categories. All Judging will take place the day of the show prior to the runway walk.
If you choose to have your garment(s) judged there will be 2 additional awards!
- Best in Show: 1 Winner will be chosen from the 5 winners determined from the categories above
- The I.D.E.A. Store Award: 1 Winner will be chosen for all entrants based on innovation, quality of work and fulfillment of the category requirements.
The “Fine Print”!
Please read carefully to make sure you can commit!
- All designers must submit the registration form on page 2.
- If you want to enter more than one garment, a separate registration is required for each garment.
- Please note: a non-refundable fee of $15 per garment is required. When you click the “submit” button at the end of this form, you will automatically be redirected to a payment screen. You can pay via PayPal or with your credit card as shown on the payment screen.
All registrants will be notified of their successful registration again through an email to the email listed on your application. Please be sure that you have an accurate email address on the registration application form and that your email inbox is set to accept emails from Hatch@the-idea-store.org
Once you have completed your registration make sure you mark down these 4 important deadlines so that you can be in the show:
- February 14, 2014: Your garment design description is due to the Hatch Trashion Show Committee.
- March 1, 2014: Your photos of your garment are due to the Hatch Trashion Show Committee.
- March 6, 2014: There is a MANDATORY rehearsal. Both the designer and model must attend with the completed garment.
- March 7, 2014: The Hatch Trashion Show! All Models and designers must report by 4:30 pm for the garment to go down the runway!
Failure to meet any of these deadlines will disqualify you from the show. Please make sure you meet them!
Ready to register? Click here!
Once you have submitted your registration and fee, you will receive information about next steps! Thank you!
About the Hatch Festival!
Hatch is a creative-reuse art festival sponsored by The I.D.E.A. Store, a Champaign, Illinois-based creative-reuse marketplace. The 2014 festival will feature a two-week juried art exhibition (February 28-March 15), a one-day juried art fair (March 15), a trashion fashion show (March 7), and an artist residency from February 28 – March 1, 2014.